El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound
Title: String Instructor
Program: El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound
Reports to: Human Resources Committee
Hours: 9 hours/week
Dates: To Be Determined
Starting Hourly Wage: To Be Negotiated
El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound is an inclusive after-school music program that seeks to affect social change through the pursuit of musical excellence. This program helps children and young people achieve their full potential and create positive change in their community. El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound will focus on children with the fewest resources and greatest need and is delivered at no cost to participants.
This position will collaborate with an exciting team of Sistema instructors and volunteers to facilitate both ensemble learning and individual progress, in alignment with El Sistema’s ideas of musical excellence and social inclusion. The instructor will be responsible for leading beginner, intermediate, and senior string classes. The instructor will ensure the highest quality string experience; create curriculum and pedagogy in collaboration with other instructors, nurturing each child holistically. The instructor will support the Mission and community of El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound, and have a strong commitment to excellence in artistry, pedagogy and advocacy.
- Post-secondary degree (Bachelor or Masters) in music and/or a combination of education and equivalent experience in the field.
- Experience teaching strings (especially violin), particularly in a group setting, to children from diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate excellent musicianship and artistry as a performer and educator.
- Strong commitment to El Sistema philosophy of social change through music and the Mission of El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Commitment and ability to be a motivational mentor and role model for students, parents, and peers as an artist, educator and citizen.
- Willingness to travel for performance and professional development opportunities.
- Provide a current (less than 6 months) Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
As a condition of employment, Proof of Vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.
Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and their salary expectations to email@example.com by May 9, 2022 at 4:00p.m.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.