In case anyone still needs convincing as to the positive benefits of Sistema-inspired programs:
The latest independent study of Scotland’s Big Noise programme, titled People change lives: consolidating five years of evaluation learning from Sistema Scotland’s Big Noise centres in Stirling, Glasgow and Aberdeen, has been carried out by Glasgow Centre for Population Health (GCPH).
The research draws upon five years of rigorous research to define a range of important impacts that participation in Big Noise has on children and young people.
The independent study defined the following important impacts that participation in Big Noise has on children and young people:
- increased confidence, discipline, pride, and aspiration
- improved team-working, communication, and leadership
- enhanced academic skills including listening, concentration, and creativity
- increased resilience, happiness, sense of belonging and fulfilment
- strong musical skills development
- uptake of physical activity and healthy eating, avoidance of damaging behaviours
- development of positive social groups, peer relationships and cultural engagement
To see the full report follow this link: https://www.makeabignoise.org.uk/research/gcph-2019