Volunteers play an important role in making The Big Sound a success.
Volunteers must have a Criminal Background Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search prior to serving on site with the children.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Volunteers play a critical role at El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound, performing many essential tasks that ensure our children and faculty can focus on building our community and making beautiful music. We could not accomplish our mission without exceptional volunteers!
The Big Sound needs Program Volunteers and Music Mentors/Coaches Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during the school year between the hours of 3:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m..
Come every day or only one day a week. Every bit of time spent volunteering with us is valuable to our community’s children. The ideal situation is to have a team of volunteers that serve on a regular schedule, as this helps you learn our program and develop relationships with the children and youth, Program faculty and other volunteers.
Program Volunteers perform a variety of tasks and often those tasks are dictated by the days of the week or specific time periods of the day.
The main responsibilities of a Program Volunteer include:
- Distributing water bottles
- Taking attendance
- Setting out snacks and supervising snack time,
- Monitoring the classroom when instruction is taking place and providing support if a student needs to take a break,
- Tidying up after class
- Accompanying students to performances
- Ensuring safe departure
- Filling the humidifier
If you are a musician and would like to sit in and play or sing with the children and youth, that would be awesome!
- sit beside students and play along during rehearsals
- offer guidance (e.g. bowing or fingering)
- sing along and add harmonies
Of course, we will try to match your skills, strengths and time with our program needs.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING:
- Gain valuable experience for resumes
- Help ensure the on-going success of The Big Sound
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for choosing to donate your time