El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound
Title: Program Administrator
Program: El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound
Reports to: Human Resources Committee
Hours: 25 hours/week
Duration: 52 Weeks, Dates To Be Determined
El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound is an inclusive after-school music program that seeks to affect social change through the pursuit of musical excellence. This program helps children and young people achieve their full potential and create positive change in their community. El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound will focus on children with the fewest resources and greatest need and is delivered at no cost to participants.
El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound is looking for a results-driven Program Administrator to assess the short and long-term goals of the organization and suggest ways to accomplish them to ensure its ongoing sustainability.
Reporting to the Board President, the Program Administrator will support the Board of Directors by preparing monthly Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes and keeping track of Action Items; researching solutions to challenges; creating and posting content on social media to heighten the Organization’s profile and visibility.
The position is also responsible for preparing both a Strategic Plan and a Fund Development Plan to ensure the ongoing sustainability of the Organization. The Program Administrator will be responsible for increasing the profile and visibility of the organization in Grey Bruce, as well as the international El Sistema community.
The Program Administrator for The Big Sound will assist the Board of Directors to identify the long and short-term goals of the organization and develop strategies, including both a Strategic Plan and a Fund Development Plan that will contribute significantly to the growth and sustainability of El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound.
- Assess the Organization’s current Mission, Vision, Goals and Objectives.
- Research comparable El Sistema Programs.
- Identify areas for improvement.
- Prepare a Strategic Plan for the Board of Directors.
- Facilitate the Board’s relationships with new and existing donors.
- Research funding prospects and keep an eye on grant and funding trends.
- Explore potential partnership opportunities with like community organizations.
- Track and report on data for fundraising and grants; assisting in the creation of Event Revenue Reports.
- Work with the Board to develop and enhance promotion and recognition tools (website, print pieces, email content, etc.).
- Create a Fund Development Plan that addresses both the expansion of existing and the addition of new revenue streams, thus increasing the Organization’s annual revenues in support of the strategic direction of The Big Sound.
- Develop and implement a budget for the Fund Development Plan.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Positive, energetic, solutions-oriented attitude.
- A degree in Arts Organization Administration, Business, Finance, Marketing or a related field.
- Prior experience as a Planner and/or Business Analyst/Marketing Professional.
- Knowledge and experience in planning most types of fundraising initiatives including direct mail, special events, sponsorship, and grant writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation skills.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Working knowledge of donor management software, Microsoft Office, social media.
- Excellent knowledge of the Not-For-Profit Sector.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience overseeing complex projects.
- Works well independently as well as a member of a Team.
As a condition of employment, Proof of Vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred.
El Sistema Grey Bruce – The Big Sound is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.
Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 13, 2022 at 4:00p.m.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.